Returning to class in cohorts of 12 kids to 1 teacher for ages 6+
The Person responsible for designing, executing, and overseeing this plan-
James Baker, Owner
3840 Balfour Road, Suite D
Brentwood, California 94513
General Safety and Health Protocols
- The lobby is closed to viewing
- The Academy has its own enter and exit doors
- There is no food allowed
- Water fountains are closed
- The mat area is marked with boundaries to maintain social distancing
- The lobby is marked with pathways to the restroom and social distancing guides
- Signage is posted outside and inside to remind student members and staff of social distancing
- Social Distancing Plan has been shared with all staff and is posted on the doors, on the mat, and on the website.
- Teachers and staff will wear masks, but student members will not wear masks while in class. It is not safe to exercise with a mask on
- All Wavemasters and equipment have been removed from the training area
- Each student will place his or her personal items in their scholar bag while maintaining 6 feet from other student members placing their items in their personal gear bag.
- Student members and staff members will either wash hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before they enter the training area. They will do the same when they exit the training area.
- Temperature checks will be done at the entrance of the academy for all staff and student members with a no-touch infrared thermometer. If anyone has a temperature of over 100 they will not be permitted in the building.
- The studio is cleaned in its entirety daily either before or after classes. Including disinfection of all surfaces by a professional commercial janitorial company.
- Bathrooms are cleaned with a disinfectant approved by the EPA to fight Covid-19 every hour while classes are in session. https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2
- After each class, the floors are sprayed with a disinfectant approved to fight Covid-19 and mopped with a microfiber mop. All high touch surfaces are wiped down with either an alcohol wipe or disinfectant approved by the EPA to fight Covid-19. The contact time for our disinfectant is 1 min.
Drop off and pick up procedures/protocols
- Student members must wait outside for the teacher to open the door to enter the training area.
- Student members will enter the academy and stand on a dot 6 feet away from other students prior to class.
- Student members cannot be dropped off more than 10 minutes early for class or picked up more than 5 minutes late.
- There are clearly marked waiting points for student members to stand while they wait for the teacher to open the door.
- Before student members enter the academy an instructor will scan the forehead of each student with the hands-free infrared thermometer to ensure they do not have a temperature of 100 or higher.
- The instructor must wipe down the thermometer with an alcohol wipe before placing it in the storage basket
- Student members must wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before starting class.
- Once they enter students go directly to a dot on the floor with their belongings
- One at a time, students may leave their dot and put their personal items in the cubby
- After class students will be dismissed from the training area
- Student members should use hand sanitizer when exiting the studio
- Parents must not exit their cars to drop off or pick up their Scholar.
- Review cleaning protocols between classes
- Review drop off and pick up protocols
- Self Screening
- You can use and online self checker here- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Do not come into work if you are/have sneezing, coughing, runny nose, sore throat, fever of 100 or higher.
- Review Covid-19 general education https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Update-on-California-Pandemic-Roadmap.pdf
- From https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH%20Document%20Library/School%20Guidance_ADA%20Compliant_FINAL.pdf COVID-19 is a respiratory illness caused by a novel virus that has been spreading worldwide. Community-acquired cases have now been confirmed in California. We are gaining more understanding of COVID-19’s epidemiology, clinical course, immunogenicity, and other factors as time progresses, and the situation is changing daily. CDPH is in the process of monitoring COVID-19, conducting testing with local and federal partners, and providing guidance and resources to prevent, detect and respond to the occurrence of COVID-19 cases in California. At this time, community transmission of COVID-19 has occurred in California. Educational institutions should prepare for possible impacts of COVID-19 and take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as well as other infectious diseases, including influenza and gastroenteritis.
- The Ca SIP will not eliminate the disease it will slow the spread so medical teams can prepare and not be overwhelmed by an influx of patients.
- If the instructor is ill their students will need to zoom classes from home.
- Staff must wash hands or use hand sanitizer when they enter the building and in between classes
- Staff must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer after touching their face or using the restroom.
- All Instructors and staff must wear masks
What happens if a student who has returned back to class, a staff member, or an immediate family member of that population tests positive for Covid-19?
The studio will immediately close for in-person classes, for 2 weeks.
This plan is posted on our website www.scholarsacademy.us it has been submitted to the county health department and the Brentwood Police Department, County Supervisor’s Office, Chamber of Commerce, and the Mayor’s Office.